The BDA regularly works with commercial companies on a range of activities which usually fall into the below categories. The sections below help you find out more.
We partner with external organisations on projects where shared aims exist to create more impact. We'd love to hear about your projects too or if you're interested in one of our other programmes.
Current projects seeking partnerships include:
The BDA has a national network of accredited workplace specialist dietitians, who offer a range of interventions in corporate, manufacturing, construction, retail and healthcare settings. In 2019/2020 the Work Ready steering group is focussing on:
- The publication of a special report on the evidence for nutritional interventions with workers in the transport sector
- The production of a range of new tools to support healthier, more mindful snacking
Current projects seeking partnership include:
- Mindful snacking in the workplace
If you are interested in working with us on these initiatives please email email@example.com
Let's Get Cooking has a strong legacy in the development of skills and confidence in community cookery. Via train the trainer models or direct education, our team is supporting local authorities and commercial organisations to offer practical cookery sessions designed to improve health. We work in a variety of settings including schools, community centres and offices.
Current projects seeking partnerships include:
- The national 'Cookathon' - get the nation cooking the same recipe on the same day across the country
- A cook book to encourage the public to eat more fish
For more information on these initiatives please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The BDA's project for environmentally sustainable diets - One Blue Dot - is in its third year. This highly successful initiative comprises of a range of tools for dietitians and the public to use so we can all play our part in halting the climate crisis. Shortlisted in the Best Partnerships category of the Associations Excellence Awards 2019, this project continues to be a major inititaive for the BDA.
We are currently seeking project partners for:
- Recipes and meal swaps to support behaviour change in families, communities and single households
- Research into the cost of a healthy, sustainable diet for UK households
For more information on these initiatives please contact email@example.com
An annual corporate membership with the BDA is for organisations who work with the BDA more strategically and want to demonstrate support for the profession. These relationships also publicly acknowledge the role which external organisations play in helping the BDA to achieve its aims and the delivery of our strategic plan.
We offer membership at two levels:
Strategic Partner - Works for organisations seeking high level insights and ongoing support. The package is designed to meet medium and long term shared objectives with the BDA.
Key Supporter - Works for organisations looking to create a regular touch-point with the BDA and show commitment to our members.
For your invitation to join the UK's largest association of food and nutrition professionals, speak to Jo Lewis, External Relations and Development Officer. Contact: Tel 0121 2008030, E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Demand for choice and new products is driving innovation at a faster pace than ever. This, combined with policy drivers for clear product information and stronger guidelines for labelling and procurement, means that manufacturers and retailers need to quickly communicate their response to these demands to a wide variety of key opinion formers as well as consumers.
These services are designed to help you gather insights from our members or staff to tap into their wealth of knowledge and create better products or services for patients and the public.
Ideal for gaining insights from members around disease areas, best practice, product use or the NHS climate. We offer a quality assured process to screen and recruit up to 8 participants according to a jointly developed brief, and have developed and delivered this service for corporate members and other clients over the past ten years. The meetings are usually held in a central location, often hosted at the BDA offices in Birmingham, and occasionally held within a BDA event depending on your objectives.
"A big thank you for helping arrange the participants to this meeting. It was very fruitful and gave much insights. The participants were excellent, really motivated to attend and engage.
Medical Affairs Manager, Nutricia.
Contact us for advice on this service via email@example.com
If you are looking for opportunities to gain more detailed quantitative insights from BDA members, we offer several different options to collect views from the right experts.
BDA members, corporate members and sometimes other organisations may contact us to co-ordinate the dissemination of your own survey via a dedicated email sent directly to members.
Number of members being sent survey
Corporate member - strategic partner
Corporate member - key supporter
Commercial Company (non-member)
Up to 500 members
Up to 1000 members
To request an application form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Medical Affairs Manager, Nutricia
A big thank you for helping arrange the participants to this meeting. It was very fruitful and gave much insights. The participants were excellent, really motivated to attend and engage.
The BDA has a range of commercial sponsors - organisations who attend the BDA's events, advertise in ‘Dietetics Today’ or use the BDA’s digital platforms including the website. Please visit our pages on and or contact email@example.com to find out more.
Our latest sponsorship opportunities are listed below.
For more than 20 years, the BDA has been hosting an awards evening to celebrate excellence within the profession. For 2020, the awards commitee are introducing five new categories to really reflect the range of practice and influence which BDA members have.
or email firstname.lastname@example.org for full details.
Dietetics Today (http://zuochuai.cn/dt/home) is our flagship monthly magazine which include members’ news, features, diary dates and key product updates. The editorial and advertising team work in partnership with advertisers and members to deliver content which is topical and relevant.
From CPD features to advertorials to regular sponsored columns, we can offer a wide variety of platforms to brands wishing to communicate with dietitians.
- Dietetics Today advertising information and rate pack. (http://zuochuai.cn/dt/advertising)
Dietetics Today also offers space for recruitment. Visit the BDA Career Choices website () for full information.
Member’s Monthly eZine - Circulation 7,500 (http://zuochuai.cn/membership/publications/member_e-news)
Monthly email communication across whole membership to inform members of BDA activities, news and updates across all main areas of the profession, to encourage engagement.
Circulate eZine - Circulation 900 (http://zuochuai.cn/membership/publications/member_e-news)
A monthly communication to Managers and members interested in policy. Covering the 4 home countries, this is a strategic communication including all policy updates and leadership/management information.
Who to contact?
Dietetics Today offers great opportunities for display advertising, belly bands, and the inclusion of loose flyers and inserts. Please our publishing partner for more information:
Jonathan Knight | Head of Sales
Direct Line: 01727 739 193
For information about the Dietetics Today advertising rates see the Dietetics Today Rate Card (http://zuochuai.cn/dt/ratecard).
If you would like to advertise in the Courses and Events section of Dietetics Today, please contact email@example.com
To advertise a job vacancy, please go to the Career Choices () section the BDA jobs website.
Endorsement is a process whereby CPD learning activities and internal/external documents can gain a mark of quality from the BDA.
In gaining endorsement from the BDA, the provider will benefit from:
- Quality assurance that the document is evidence based, peer reviewed and considered appropriate for document endorsement by the BDA.
- The use of the BDA endorsement logo for the duration of the endorsement. This logo can be used on the document produced.
- Added value for the target audience that the document has a quality badge by the BDA, a recognised mark of quality.
- Reassurance for consumers and health professionals that the information contained in the document is evidence based and in-line with current good practice.
For full details and an application form please visit our Document Endorsement page.
In gaining endorsement from the BDA, thelearning providers and participants will benefit from:
- Quality assurance that the learning activity is evidence based, reviewed by a BDA CPD Assessor and considered appropriate for CPD by the BDA.
- The use of the BDA endorsement logo for the duration of the endorsement. This logo can be used on certificates of attendance and marketing material.
- Added value for participants that the learning activity has a quality badge by the BDA, a recognised mark of quality.
- Free listing in Dietetics Today, a monthly magazine circulated to approximately 9000 dietetic and nutrition professionals. The learning activity will be listed once upon approval of the endorsement application.
- Free listing on BDA website, which is accessed by dietetic and nutrition professionals and members of the public, from the approval date of the endorsement application to the date of the learning activity.
For more details and information on how to apply, visit our pages on CPD endorsement.